So, in case there are any readers out there in the blogosphere that actually take the time to read this post, some background: I am Soul Friend Sarah. The other poster here is Soul Friend Jen. We met while working a horrid retail job at a local mall in a desert. We were surrounded by teenage girls who drank themselves into stupors and sexed it up without protection. So we bonded due to lack of crazy sex stories and drinking only on weekends and with our pretentious maturity. Four years later, this is our blog.
Recently I found myself with a bachelors degree and funemployed looking for work among the laid-off fortysomethings who actually have work experience. Sure, my degree says I work hard... to me. While perusing craigslist for the umpteenth time in a day and wanting to throw my virtual resume down a toilet while chugging as much gin as my large girl frame could handle without dying, I decided to take a trip. A trip to see my college roommates in Seattle. Away from the boy. Away from the house. Away from the craigslist. Though as it turns out, I've applied to ten jobs while being here.
I digress.
I fell back into my friends' company like we never separated. We went to Costco - there's a Costco here! - stopped to buy some vino, and prepared a great meal. We made a concoction that I like to call Mother Fucking Sweet. But a more appropriate person would call it a Queso Vegetarian Delight. When planning for dinner, Rachel mentioned she had half a can of black beans. I said, let's add queso and whole wheat tortillas.
Commence Costco trip followed by experimental cooking.
Recipe:
Melt milk and cheddar cheese in volumes that work for you with a sliced jalapeno pepper. MMM
Fry drained blackbeans and corn in ratio of your choice. Less corn = less starch.
Cook wild rice.
Heat tortillas.
Add salsa while saying something awesome like OPA!
Put together and don't forget a fabulous red that you find for less than ten dollars.
Enjoy with your best friends while making fun of republicans.
Best. Meal. Ever.
Afterwords, I would personally recommend googling John Stewart impersonating Glenn Beck but if that's not your style, try just enjoying good conversation with people you love and falling asleep facing a beautiful city skyline.
More Seattle to come.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a wonderful evening/meal/trip. I wish I could enjoy it with you! Oh, wait, I can! I'm so glad you're here to make fun food with me & take part in what ever antics we create. We've always been good at creating antics... :o)
ReplyDelete